Sunday, August 8, 2010

This weekend...

This weekend was a lot of fun. Spent the day Saturday baking cookies and hanging out with my mo and sister. Then went south for a bit for a cookout with good friends. It was a really long day but tons of fun!

I made two different kinds of cookies. One kind was the Root Beer cookie that the Dainty Squid wrote about. They were delicious! And really really easy. I think next time I'll need to add food coloring though, to get them a little darker.


I also used a recipe that Adam found online Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies. I wasn't too into them at first, but WOW. I totally underestimated these guys. They're AWESOME! I can't wait to have them for breakfast this week :)


Today I worked about nine hours. The morning was really slow, but it picked up a lot at night, so hopefully tips will be good! (We do a tip pool because all of the servers help each other out, so they won't know what everyone gets till the end of the night).

Now I'm just waiting to go to sleep for what is my last full week of my day job. It's a bitter sweet thing. I'm really happy to get out of there, but I'm really going to miss a lot of the people that I work with (And some of them not at all.) But, I have pretty good contact with a lot of them outside of work, so I just have to make sure to keep that up!

Next weekend I have Saturday off, we're going to see Scott Pilgrim!! So stoked! Then I'm going to spend the rest of the day working on my new project. I found this guy on the side of the road by a dumpster. I don't know who was throwing it away, but I can't wait to clean it up and give it a new paint job.

The wood is really beautiful, and I'm actually sad to paint it, but it's got a lot of superficial damage that's going to have to be filled in with wood putty. I plan on painting it black and doing the insides of the drawers bright colors like greens and purples. And maybe getting some nice handles for it. I'm super excited!

Hope that you all have been doing well.

xox

4 comments:

Thea said...

I just had to look up root beer cookies ... I don't think I can get the extract in England :(

The banana cookies look good! I recently heard about zucchini chocolate cakes...

Jen said...

Aw! I'm sorry! If it makes you feel any better it's apparently really hard to find here too. I went to three different grocery stores, and none of them had it. I eventually had to buy it in oil form from a candy making store. Not as good as it could have been.

Zucchini chocolate cakes sound amazing!! I have decided that the banana cookies count as breakfast. Oatmeal, bananas, yep! That's a meal. :)

Briana Teresa said...

yum yum yum! Baking is so great!
Your dresser is going to look good as new once you fix it up :)

Jen said...

I always forget how theraputic it is :D

And thanks! I'm pretty excited. In fact, I'm going to go start now!

Post a Comment