Monday, July 19, 2010

On tolerance

I found this article recently on MookyChick, and thought I would share. There was a lot of intolerance in my life from a lot of different people (Myself included) on a lot of different subjects.

Everyone will encounter something in their lives that they don't understand, or find frightening, disturbing, angering, or some other negative emotion. They will do or say things that are intentionally or unintentionally hurtful to people that enjoy these things. This is just a fact of life. We don't mean it (Hopefully) but some day, somewhere, it will probably happen.

This article from mookychick is specifically geared towards J-rock. However it's got a lot of helpful advice for people dealing with "Strange hobbies" in general. And most of it is pretty common sense. We all know the golden rule. We should make great strides to apply it, especially at times when we just don't understand some people. Even if those people are furries.

Have fun with life. It takes all kinds of people. And those people you think are super weird and you just can't understand them? They probably think you're a little strange too. 

(And don't worry, I'm not hatin on the furries. I've got them in my family, and I have a great deal of love.  <3)

xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment