Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Damn you little orphan Annie.

Now I have that Tomorrow song stuck in my head. I swear. One wrong thought and you're stuck with something in your head for the rest of the day. :)

Anywho, I'm feeling better. I can't say much better. But it's definitely a marked improvement.

I spent the morning making and planning some purchases. I got House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, and ordered all 6 of the Scott Pilgrim books. I've already read all of them (Well, all 5 that are out), but I didn't actually own copies. I'm so super stoked! For that AND the movie! I can't wait for August. :D

I've also been researching nice SLR cameras. Currently I really want the Cannon Digital Rebel XSi, but Adam is pushing for the Nikon D90. My thought process is, we have two flip video cams, and I hate grid lines in viewfinders, and think that the GPS capability is stupid, so why would I get the Nikon when I can get the Cannon, a great new lens and a remote and STILL save somewhere around $200? Don't get me wrong, I like Nikon a lot. It's just not exactly in our price range right now.

I'll wear him down. ;)

Oh, and did I tell you about the great wasp adventure? (No, I'm not talking about the hair metal band)

A few weeks ago I went to lunch, and thought that I would enjoy the day by eating my sub in the car, with the windows down and the radio on. It was really nice, and I spread everything out on my lap and was listening intently to NPR when I heard this strange noise. 

I turn to look and a GIGANTIC wasp almost smacks right into my face. 

I have NO IDEA HOW, but I managed to keep calm, and sat there, barely breathing, waiting for him to fly back OUT the window. 

So he flies around, and lands on my steering wheel, and then on my door handle, and then decides that he's going to land on the wrapper on my lap. 

Only he doesn't. 

He keeps going, and lands on the seat right next to my leg. Now, I can't see him, because of the wrapper on my lap. (And I'll be damned if I was moving!) so I'm just holding my breath and feeling like I'm going to vomit and waiting. 

He'll fly back up, I think. He's just on the seat. 

No. He's not on the seat. 

He's up my dress.

The very SECOND I felt that fluttering in my skirt, I yanked it away from my leg, threw myself out of the car, and ran screaming across the parking lot, shaking my skirt out like a mad woman. 

(People will move away from you  very quickly when you do this)

Across the parking lot, I assaulted some poor woman by loudly informing her that I had a bee up my dress and holding my skirt up around my waist insisting that she look for it. (THANK GOD I was wearing tights!!)

She informed me there was nothing there (And also left very quickly) and I was left to make my way back to the car and perform a full wasp inspection. 

I don't know where he ended up, but I'm certainly glad it wasn't attached to my bum. 

To this day, every time I wear this skirt and it brushes my legs my heart stops, just for a second. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment