Friday, June 25, 2010

Oh Friday

I think that's just going to be the name of every Friday post I ever make. It just seems to want to happen that way. Why fight it?

It's been a strange day so far. I've spent much of my lunch break sitting and watching the AMAZING San Smith work through her Ustream channel

I really find her whole life to just be so inspirational, and she just makes me smile. I'll admit it. I have a desperate girl crush. :)  But how can you not love an adorable, pink haired, amazingly talented person like her? I'm looking forward to this weekend. We are going to a local punk festival Saturday and seeing Less than Jake, and Tonight, I'm going to Johns Hopkins University to check out their observatory. That should be a lot of fun. It's a MASSIVE telescope and should offer all kinds of wonderful sparklys to look at.

Other than that there hasn't been much happening. There has been a lot of preparation for happenings. but nothing yet. I have been applying for a TON of jobs, and actually had a talk with my boss that went very well and pretty much told him that I was looking to leave. I love my job, and I love the people that I work with. But spending every day sitting behind a desk, and dealing with a ton of mental stress is not exactly my cup of tea. I like to be moving and dealing with people and staying active, and I actually get really depressed when I can't do that.

It is also getting harder and harder for me to get the classes that I need to finish, being as how I can only take night classes. So I've been looking to retail management and waitressing/bartending, and recently a reference desk job at the library (Which I would kill for. seriously. it's a sweet job) So I'm really hoping to hear something soon. (PLEASE PLEASE!!!)  Adam's also looking for a new job. I don't want to talk about his situation (Again with the fear of job retaliation) but I'm staying hopeful and supportive. Cross your fingers for us!

I also had to make a few doctors appointments, the last one with a neurologist, to get some stuff checked out. It's scary, but not terrible, and totally manageable if it is what I think it is. So hopefully that will be good news. I don't want to say anything and have everyone be like OMG!! And then come back with never mind! HAH! Yeah. so. When I know something you will. :)

I'm off now to finish my bit of work and maybe go home early, and I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!!

And if you need a little pick me up, check out this adorable little lady.

xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment